Monday, August 14, 2017

EIN KLEINES BISSCHEN OF TIME

Mon., 8/14/2017 (Neuland)

We had a bus break down and now have a very small amount of time, so I'll have to make it short. We had a really good week and have been really working well together. Elder CastaƱeda and I are really working well together, and as I've told y'all, it's kind of the hardest area in the mission, but we are having so much fun. From my time here in Paraguay I've learned that we can work super hard and talk to thousands of people, but if we don't work with the members, nothing comes of our work. Neuland is a special area where the members don't know that much, but we leave every house with a reference of someone to visit, and a lot of the time, the members go with us. We have been working on reactivating a lot of families and inviting a lot of new families to come to church, and it's a little bit slow but big things take time! We got in a lot of service projects, including cleaning a really dirty underground water tank, cutting down a tree with a machete, and cutting down a grove of small trees with a machete. It has been really busy and really just a great time. Sunday we were in Neuland and had a solid attendance of 23 people. Paraiso, our group that is about 70 km from Neuland, had a solid attendance as well, of 26. We had 13 investigators and a lot of less actives in church, so it ended up a pretty great week. Today we are finally in Filadelfia, as we went by a big Rodeo that's a little far from here and the bus broke down. Thanks for the emails and I hope you all have a good week.
We also watched "Only a Stonecutter" about 5 times this week with different members and investigators. It has a really interesting quote that I wanted to share. In this life, there are 2 kinds of people; people who act and people who are acted upon. Which would you want to be? What can you be to be that type of person. Hint: read your scriptures, say your prayers, go to church, and look for every opportunity to serve others. Have a great week all of y'all!

Pictures:

1 We cleaned an underground water tank/well.

2 We also cut down a tree with a machete.

3 Rama Neuland right after church.
4 There hasn't been water half the week and we kind of ran out of clean dishes so we ate right out of the pans.
5 4 Americans, a Peruvian, and an Equatoriano at a German rodeo.
6 At the rodeo.
7 With Fidelino (Branch secretary) and Agripino Gomez, the Branch President. We had the first ever Branch Council meeting! All 4 of us! hahaha
8 EVERY house in the mission has about 15 copies of True to the Faith in Spanish and Jesus the Christ in English. I don't know why, but it always happens.
9 I'm not sure if I'm in this picture but it's the only one I could get of the temple trip. We were recently getting back from my surgery when they took photos so I might not be there, but the missionary all the way to the right might be me. hahaha
10 Cleaning a well.
11 I'm not really sure who these kids were but they wanted to take a picture.













1
2 I did find one picture of us at the temple the other week and I'm definitely in it.

Well that's it! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment