Monday, November 27, 2017

Mon., 11/27/2017 (Neuland/Paraiso)

Sorry everyone! We don't have much time today, and the computers here in Abundancia are sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Anyways I'm glad I have a little time to write. This week was a bit slow with Elder Castañeda and I at the hospital with a shoulder problem he had. We also went to Paraiso this week from Friday to Sunday. Imagine a community of about 85 houses in the middle of NOWHERE, and everyone decided to leave for the weekend and not tell us so we were in the middle of a ghost town for a couple days!! A few people stayed home to play soccer all day Saturday, so Sunday we had 10 people in church. Kind of a bummer but it was awesome and here's why:
1-We taught Isabelino and Adriano how to bless/prepare/pass the Sacrament and they did it this week!
2-For the first time ever we had Sunday School in Paraiso.
3-These members hardly even understand basic Spanish but they read their scriptures, pray and go to church>>>>> that's a lot of faith!
4-One of our investigators and a couple recent converts from Paraiso went to church in Neuland.
5-Not a very large percentage of missionaries get the opportunity to preside and/or conduct Sacrament Meeting.
6-Well this is in Neuland, but since I lead the music I get to pick the hymns! I always pick really good ones that only I know, and then they learn the songs! They're learning so many hymns, its awesome!
7-These people are really so humble its great!

We received change news, and I will be receiving a new companion here! It's kind of sad that Elder
Castañeda has to go, but we have been here for 3 transfers together. It was a good 3 changes, and I think I'd describe it as Pte Evans said this week; we were a "Dynamic Duo." I think Dad, Steve and Davy will get that reference! Thanks for all your prayers and emails! Have a great week!

Pictures:

1 Elder Castañeda and some meds from the doctor.

2 Sunset in Paraiso.

3 from Left to Right- Adriano, Silvestre, Isabelino, me, Elder Castañeda, and Donatelio

4 Fun times in Paraiso! We did have 10 people (and 3 dogs) in church. It all worked out though because someone took all the seats while we were gone but we recuperated [ibid] 12 in total so there were enough.

And #5- Do yall remember when we were at the temple the other time with a lot of people, when I had to go to the hospital? Well heres a picture I finally found! Im at the back on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment