Monday, January 16, 2017

Mon., 1/16/2017 (Juan de Salazar)
It's been a long week here in Juan de Salazar. We don't have time to email much today, so I'll keep it short. Last Tuesday I went on a division with Elder Tapia in Emboscada. It was a lot of fun, and we worked really hard. Emboscada is a really big area with very few colectivos, so we ended up having to walk a couple miles home at the end of the day. A lot of the people in their area have wells for all their water. Wednesday I was back in my area, but it took a long to to do the exchange and we didn't get much done. For me, the rest of the week was pretty basic. A few big things happened with other people, though. Elder Robalino, the other new Elder near me, had to go home, because he was sick. He may be able to come back in a month or 2. His blood testing also showed positive for having had Dengue in the past, which leads us to believe the first time when he got sick and me too (at Christmas), he (and my companion thinks I) got a mild form of Dengue. Our one investigator who was going to get baptised, Marcos, moved to Asuncion, so we're back to square one. It's kind of difficult having me as the trainee being the Elder that knows the area. For saturday and Sunday, Elder proffit from the office was with Elder Passos. Fernando Aquino, the youth from our ward, leaves on his mission tomorrow, so yesterday there was a small party to see him off. Today I was supposed to have immigrations, but we got to the office and found out I didn't hahaha. It's ok though because I got to meet a lot of new Elders. Also, we haven't had water in our neighborhood so that has been an exerience. At least we have an excuse for not doing the dishes!
Displaying DSCN0695[1].JPG
1 Elder Campos(one of the Emboscada Elders) had 5 and 10 guarani coins. With inflation, they're worth nothing, but they are pretty hard to come by
Displaying DSCN0701[1].JPG
2 Emboscada with Elder Tapia
Displaying DSCN0679[1].JPG
3 Only 3 kms to Emboscada!
Displaying DSCN0613[1].JPG
4 Elder Robalino! Elder Passos had my camera one day and took a lot of pictures. Elder Robalino will hopefully able to come back in a month or 2.

That's really all that's been going on with me, I hope you all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment