Tuesday, January 30, 2018

NEULAND AND CHANGES

Mon., 1/8/2018 (Neuland)

I don't have too much time today because we have changes coming up and being the furthest from the office we have to leave today, not yesterday so here it is really quickly:

I will be... STAYING! What? I don't know. Elder Ruiz will be going somewhere else and I will be staying for the 5th change in Neuland. It's kind of crazy but I love it here and staying for a long time is cool because I can see a little bit of the changes in the area. Neuland is a little dusty town in the middle of nowhere, but I like it. The people are really humble and we get a chance to be a major part of the church, helping teach classes and capacitate the branch president etc. It was slightly unexpected by us. It's kind of bummy that Elder Ruiz had to leave after only 1 change, but we are sure the Lord has something in mind for him. As for me, I'll go to Asuncion and pick up another companion. I learned a lot from Elder Ruiz and this change, and hopefully we will continue the success in the next change!

Also I wanted to share a small testimony. I have this testimony in common with the members here. Befiore we had heard of the passing of Pte Thomas Monson, one of our less active members did a memorial broadcast on the Chaco wide radio. Crazy huh! It shows the faith of the people here. They don't have much, but what they have is a testimony. I testify that Thomas Monson was a prophet of God and that whoever becomes the next prophet will also be called of God! I testify that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Thank you for all of your prayers and emails! Y'all have no idea how much it helps getting emails and pictures!


Pics:

1: I went to Loma Plata to have a division with Elder arker, and forgot my camera but it was REALLY muddy and this is what happened to my shoe. I'll try to get a picture that he took; the roads were really muddy and my bike slipped out from under me and I got my clean white shirt turned a very dark brown hahaha!

2: Crazy spider web in the chapel rubble during chapel cleaning!

3: Scorpion also in the chapel.

4: The cleaning crew!

I can't remember if I sent these yet? If I did, sorry!

5:Elder Ruiz's bike (blue)

6: My bike (white)

7: the bikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment