Monday, March 26, 2018

Loma Plata and... winter? Or no? GENERAL CONFERENCE

Mon., 3/26/2018 (Loma Plata)

Well as usual it's been a really fast week!

 Tuesday to Wednesday we had a division, and I went with Elder Trejo, from Arizona to Abundancia to work. I've been here in the Chaco for 8 months and it was my first time working there. They have an interesting area, which consists of a 500 person community of Nivacle indigenous members. Only a small portion aren't members of the church. Due to the rates of church attendance, there are currently 2 sister missionaries working there, with the Elders now free to leave the community and preach the gospel in the surrounding communities. Abundancia's area where they work is reallllllllly big. We ended up having to walk that day, and the weather actually felt like winter weather! That probably means it's 60 degrees outside, but compared to the weather we normally have, it was a nice break from the 100 plus we normally have.

After that it was back to Loma Plata. Once again we had rain Sunday, which makes it hard for people to come to church, but we had a good meeting anyways. As usual, Elder Garrett and I do everything in church. We missed our bus (Paraguayan version... the bus never showed up hahaha) so we biked to Filadelfia instead. We had to do it during the daylight because it gets super dark and nobody drives defensively here hahaha. Due to the winter weather, the sun was out but it felt really nice outside. We also got good news this week in that our investigator, Perla who has had all the lessons, has to get married to her husband, and he had to get a divorce first, but all that should be taken care of in the next week or 2, so we may have a baptism coming up! We have been working with a few more people who have good prospects of getting baptized too.

With changes coming up, Elder Garrett and I think I'll be leaving, as he is about to end his mission here and I've been in the Chaco a looooooooooooong time. But we really don't know, so we just have to keep working! The next change whoever stays will have a good amount of success!

 It hasn't been so long here in Loma Plata, but so far I have learned a lot. Elder Garrett is really good at helping me realize what I need to work on, and so I think of all my time in the mission, I've improved as a person here in Loma Plata. We've really focused on serving others. I've always held service up to be an important aspect, but to be honest, I haven't always served without complaining. Recently I've learned a lot about serving and never saying anything negative; just giving a smile and saying  'I'm on it.'

 Well that's about all except for one more announcement: GENERAL CONFERENCE IS COMING UP! It's a big event, so make sure to take this opportunity to listen to our prophet and the other church leaders. For more enlightenment, look up 1 Nephi 19:23. Have a good week; I love you all!

Pictures:

1 Biking a little.

2 A couple of ostriches, no big deal.

3 Vegetables all day (when it's Sunday and you have to use whatever's left in the fridge).

4 Anthill under Elder Garrett's bed.


5 and 6 Elder Garrett and I at the only restaurant here in Loma Plata that's actually a restaurant.

7 Our house.

8 Elder Garrett's astounding photography skills... getting the lighting just right.

9 Division in Abundancia with Elder Trejo! We played basketball for exercise time! It was my first time playing in ages.

10 Abundancia.

11 same

12 Some goats.

13 Some pigs .

14 We found a hill in Abu.

15 Last week after district meeting.

16 When the Zone Leaders came up a couple weeks ago. Elder Staheli was also trained by my trainer, Elder Bridge, so he's my 'brother' in the mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment