Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Week (4th in Yby Yau)

Mon., 3/6/2017 (Yby Yau)

I'll have to be brief today- the ciber we are in today closes in a few minutes. Monday through Wednesday we were in Horqueta, and had a zone conference tuesday in Concepcion. The zone conference was about teaching more effectively. We also learned a lot about the importance of obedience, which as said in Preach My Gospel, is 'The first law of the heavens.' I completely agree with that, and have been working hard to do that. It can be pretty hard to follow commandments and rules, especially when literally nobody around you wants to. Elder Brower, my MTC companion, is in Concepcion now so it was great to see him. After the conference, we all went to an ice cream stand owned by a guy named Jurgen from Stuttgart, Germany. I got to speak a little German, and I guess he thought I was fluent or something because he was just talking and talking. Nobody else knew what was going on hahaha but I thought it was great. Maybe someday I'll get to serve there and give him a Book of Mormon in German, because he always sees us missionaries but hasn't ever talked to missionaries about the gospel. Thursday I had a division in Yby yau with Elder Ollero, and we hit the house with a broom and trash bags and boy did we clean. The house is still terrible but it's coming. I asked Hermana Evans to come inspect our house to give Elder Baez some motivation to clean so we'll see how that goes. Friday was my day 100 in Paraguay! I went up to Pedro Juan Caballero and worked with Elder Ollero there for the day. At the end of the day we made some pancakes with Dulce de Leche. There's nothing like some good pancakes. Saturday and Sunday were pretty slow, but I at least got to get back to my area. We are without bikes for the moment since Elder Baez wrecked his, so we are walking everywhere. I like walking a lot more than the bikes, but it'll be nice to have them up and running in the coming week. We have a good number of people progressing in our area, so hopefully this week I might have some baptism photos. Sorry I can't send pictures this week due to the computers here.

For my spiritual thought, I want to give my personal testimony that even if everyone else is doing something, that doesn't make it right. I have seen the blessings this week of setting an example for others, and I'd like to challenge all of y'all to try to find something this week to do to be an example for others. Remember that the most important person watching is God, not anyone else, so try to please him. I know this church is true and I wouldn't be out here in the boonies of Paraguay if it wasn't. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Los amo,

No comments:

Post a Comment